Adobe Connect in Canvas LTI
This summer (2017) we moved to a full LTI integration for Adobe Connect in Canvas, replacing Adobe Connect through the Conferences tab (Named host license Adobe Connect remains unchanged). You will now need to access Adobe Connect in Canvas through the Adobe Connect navigation tab in your course(s).
The Adobe Connect LTI provides full functionality and an improved end-user experience for faculty and students. New features include: multiple recordings in the same meeting room, “add a guest” function for inviting guest speakers in to an Adobe Connect meeting, reporting-including meeting attendance and recording views, and office hours that populate across all of your courses with one click. Training workshops on the new Adobe Connect LTI will be offered starting in August. Visit Upcoming Workshops or contact Academic Technology for more information.
Please note, Adobe Connect through the Conferences tab will no longer be available after December 2017. Recording URLs made with Adobe Connect through Conferences will still function, so keep a record of your recording URLs elsewhere before the tool is removed.
Creating a Meeting
To create a Class Meeting:
- Click the Add Meeting button in the Course Meetings section of Adobe Connect.
- Name the session and click Next.
- Select your full course roster should appear under the Canvas Available Users list. Click the Add button below the list (only if necessary) to add all users to the Adobe Connect Participants list on the right.
- Set the User Role in the Adobe Connect meeting room by selecting the name of the student in the Adobe Connect Participants list on the right and selecting Set User Role below the list.
- Participants have minimal privileges and will need to wait for the meeting host to enable their microphone, camera, and screen sharing privileges. This is the default role for all students in the course.
- Presenters have default permission to turn on their microphone, camera, and screen share options.
- Hosts have full control of the meeting room. It is not advisable to give any students the host role in your Course Meeting.
- You have the option to record your course meeting. Recordings will appear under the Recordings tab in the Course Meeting section.
Facilitating a Meeting
Follow the steps below to successfully facilitate an Adobe Connect class meeting:
- Make sure you have a strong Broadband, DSL, or LTE internet connection. A hardwired Ethernet connection is recommended, but a strong, uncrowded WiFi/LTE connection will also work.
- Update your browser. On a PC, use the latest version of either Firefox or Chrome (do not use Internet Explorer or Windows 10 Edge browser). On a Mac, use the latest version Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (on El Capitan 10.11 or macOS Sierra 10.12 you must use Firefox).
- Install Adobe Flash. You will need to have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed.
- Install the Adobe Connect Meeting Add-in.
- Download latest Adobe Connect 9 Meeting Add-in for Windows (version 11.9.980.387, ZIP format, posted on August 9th, 2017)
- Download latest Adobe Connect 9 Meeting Add-in for Mac (version 11.9.980.387, ZIP format, posted on August 9th, 2017)
- After completing steps 1-4, run the Meeting Connection Test to test your computer.
- Get the best sound. Pick a quiet location and use either earbuds or a headset (avoid Bluetooth headsets). You can even use the earbuds + microphone that are included with most smartphones. Otherwise, your computer microphone will pick up sound from your computer speakers or external speakers and cause echo, or worse, feedback. You won’t necessarily hear the echo, but your students will.
- Go to the meeting room. Once you have completed the above steps, click on Adobe Connect from the left navigation menu in your Canvas course and then click Join for the course meeting you want to facilitate.
- Set up your audio. Once you enter the Adobe Connect meeting room, click on the microphone icon on the top menu bar (the icon will turn green). You will need to click allow to activate the microphone and then run the Audio Setup Wizard found under the Meeting drop down menu. This video will demonstrate the Audio Setup Wizard.
Download the full Adobe Connect LTI User Guide v1.8.6 (PDF – updated 8-11-17)
Learn more about the YouTube Pod
Download the eSync YouTubePod v3.0.1
Adobe Connect LTI FAQ coming soon!
The information below is for the Canvas Conferences Adobe Connect integration
Please note: Adobe Connect Conferences integration will no longer be available after Fall 2017. Recording URLs will still function.
Share the Adobe Connect for Students guide with your students
Share the Student Guide – Student Groups and Adobe Connect in Canvas guide with your students