Learn.nmsu.edu now powered by Canvas
NMSU replaced Blackboard CE 8 with Instructure Canvas as its learning management system (LMS) for the Summer 2012 semester. View announcement here. You can find more information about Instructure Canvas at: http://www.instructure.com/
In a lengthy evaluation process at NMSU, Canvas received the highest evaluation marks from faculty and students and met the University’s evaluation criteria better than any of the other available options.
- Significantly faster tools for grading.
- Notification options for faculty and students using Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more.
- Integration with Google docs.
- Wikis, RSS feeds, web conferencing integrations, and more.
- Works on any modern browser, including mobile browsers. Mobile apps are forthcoming.
- Easy you-tube-like tools for posting video, available to faculty and students.
- One-click recording and posting of webcam video, available to faculty and students.
- Clean, intuitive user interface, featuring drag and drop usability throughout.
- Rapid migration tool for pulling content (including quizzes and assignments) from Blackboard Vista/CE.
- Gold Star Certification for accessibility from the National Federation for the Blind.