Learn.nmsu.edu now powered by Canvas
NMSU replaced Blackboard CE 8 with Instructure Canvas as its learning management system (LMS) for the Summer 2012 semester. View announcement here. You can find more information about Instructure Canvas at: http://www.instructure.com/
What is Canvas Draft State?
Draft State allows content in Assignments, Quizzes, Modules, Pages, and Discussions to exist in an unpublished (draft) state. Unpublished content is invisible to students and excluded from grade calculations.
Recorded webinar of the Draft State Demo:
- Significantly faster tools for grading.
- Notification options for faculty and students using Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more.
- Integration with Google docs.
- Wikis, RSS feeds, web conferencing integrations, and more.
- Works on any modern browser, including mobile browsers. Mobile apps are forthcoming.
- Easy you-tube-like tools for posting video, available to faculty and students.
- One-click recording and posting of webcam video, available to faculty and students.
- Clean, intuitive user interface, featuring drag and drop usability throughout.
- Rapid migration tool for pulling content (including quizzes and assignments) from Blackboard Vista/CE.
- Gold Star Certification for accessibility from the National Federation for the Blind.