Computer Operating Systems
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Home Edition and Professional)
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.5.x and above
Computer Processor Speeds
There is no specific RAM or CPU speed requirement for client machines; however, as with any Internet application, the slower the computer, the slower pages and tools will load.
Supported Web Browsers
Preferred High Speed Internet (Cable, DSL, etc.)
Flash and Java Plugins
- Embedded videos and document preview may require Adobe Flash Player to view. Be sure to keep your version of Flash up to date.
- To use the Conferences feature in Canvas, a supported Java plug-in must be installed. This comes with the freely installable Oracle Java Runtime.
- Environment (JRE) installation package. The following JRE versions are supported: 1.6x and higher.
Adobe Reader or Apple Preview
Additional Media Players and Plugins
On occasion, a course may use audio or video that requires a certain type of media player, such as Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or Real Player. Some videos or content may also require the Microsoft Silverlight plugin, which is a freely available download.