As an instructor, you can verify all external links throughout your course to ensure they are valid. You can check these links using the course link validator, which searches through course content and returns invalid or unresponsive external links in both published and unpublished content. However, please note that some links flagged as unresponsive are inaccessible by Canvas servers and will still work for students.
The link validator also includes deleted links. Deleted links are links that are still in the course, but their linked content has been deleted (such as a course file or page).
1. In Course Navigation, click the Settings link.
2. In the sidebar, click the Validate Links in Content button.
3. Click the Start Link Validation button.
4. If any links are found in the course, Canvas displays the number of links, followed by the name of the content item and the content’s associated invalid link(s).
5. A link with the Deleted tag means the linked content has been deleted from the course. Links without tags are invalid or unresponsive links.
6. To include links in unpublished course content, click the Show links to unpublished content checkbox. The page will update the linked content to show any broken links in unpublished content, indicated by the unpublished tag.
7. To update links within course content, click the name of the content item. After you update your content, you can check validate your links again by returning to the Link Validator page and clicking the Restart Link Validationbutton.