Adobe Connect in Canvas LTI
The Adobe Connect LTI provides full functionality and an improved end-user experience for faculty and students. New features include: multiple recordings in the same meeting room, “add a guest” function for inviting guest speakers into an Adobe Connect meeting, reporting-including meeting attendance and recording views, and office hours that populate across all of your courses with one click. Adobe Connect in Canvas workshops are offered each month. Visit Upcoming Workshops or contact Academic Technology for more information.
Share the Adobe Connect for Students guide with your students
Creating a Meeting
To create a Class Meeting:
- Click on Adobe Connect from the left navigation menu in your Canvas course.
- Click the Add Meeting button in the Course Meetings section of Adobe Connect.
- The best practice is to only create one meeting room under the Course Meetings section and return to that meeting each time the class meets. With the LTI, multiple recordings can be made from the same meeting room. This makes navigating to the meeting room and to the recordings list easier for students.
- Name the session and click Next.
- Select your full course roster should appear under the Canvas Available Users list. Sync the roster using the button at the lower left and then click the Add button below the list (only if necessary) to add all users to the Adobe Connect Participants list on the right.
- Set the User Role in the Adobe Connect meeting room by selecting the name of the student in the Adobe Connect Participants list on the right and selecting Set User Role below the list.
- Participants have minimal privileges and will need to wait for the meeting host to enable their microphone, camera, and screen sharing privileges. This is the default role for all students in the course.
- Presenters have default permission to turn on their microphone, camera, and screen share options.
- Hosts have full control of the meeting room. It is not advisable to give any students the host role in your Course Meeting.
- You have the option to record your course meeting. Recordings will appear under the Recordings tab in the Course Meeting section.