Attending a Meeting
Follow the steps below to successfully attend an Adobe Connect class meeting:
- Make sure you have a strong Broadband, DSL, or LTE internet connection. If you are unsure of your internet connection speed, connecting via Ethernet (hardwire) is recommended, but a strong, uncrowded WiFi/LTE connection will also work.
- Update your browser. On a PC, use the latest version of Chrome (do not use Internet Explorer or Windows 10 Edge browser). On a Mac, use the latest version Firefox or Chrome (on El Capitan 10.11 or macOS Sierra 10.12 you may need to use Firefox).
- You may need to install or enable Adobe Flash to successfully download the Adobe Connect Meeting App.
- Install the Adobe Connect Meeting App on your computer.
- After completing steps 1-4, run the Meeting Connection Test to test your computer.
- Get the best sound. Pick a quiet location and use either earbuds or a headset (avoid Bluetooth headsets). You can even use the earbuds + microphone that are included with most smartphones. Otherwise, your computer microphone will pick up sound from your computer speakers or external speakers and cause echo, or worse, feedback. You won’t necessarily hear the echo, but your instructor and fellow students will.
- Go to the meeting room. Once you have completed the above steps, click on Adobe Connect from the left navigation menu in your Canvas course and then click Join for the course meeting you want to attend.
- Set up your audio. Once you enter the Adobe Connect meeting room, the meeting host (instructor) will need to enable your microphone (you can always communicate via the Chat pod). Once the host enables the microphone you will need to click allow to activate the microphone and then run the Audio Setup Wizard found under the Meeting drop down menu. This video will demonstrate the Audio Setup Wizard.
- Your instructor will guide you through any additional steps you may need to take.
Watching a Recording
- In Canvas, select the course that contains the Adobe Connect recording you want to watch.
- Click on Adobe Connect from the left course navigation menu.
- Under the Class Meeting list, click on Recordings.
- Select the recording you want to watch from the recordings list.
- The recording will open in your browser. You can pause, rewind, and fast forward through the recording.
Creating or Joining a Study Group
As a student you have the ability to create or join an Adobe Connect Study Group in any course that has the Adobe Connect LTI tool enabled. This will allow you to create a virtual meeting and individually invite other course members to join you.
To join a Study Group meeting click the Join button next to the meeting you want to attend. Note that you will not see a Study Group meeting unless you have been invited to join.
To create a Study Group meeting:
- Click the Add Meeting button in the Study Group section of Adobe Connect.
- Name the session and click Next.
- Select the classmates you want to invite to the study group under the Canvas Available Users list. Click the Add button below the list.
- Set the User Role in the Adobe Connect meeting room by selecting the name of the student in the Adobe Connect Participants list on the right and selecting Set User Role below the list.
- Participants have minimal privileges and will need to wait for the meeting host to enable their microphone, camera, and screen sharing privileges.
- Presenters have default permission to turn on their microphone, camera, and screen share options.
- Hosts have full control of the meeting room.
- You have the option to record your study group. Recordings will appear under the Recordings tab in the Study Group section.